DREDGE AMERICA’S FLEET:
Dredge America presently owns and operates 10 portable dredges ranging in size from 6” to 20”. Equipment ownership, as opposed to rental of specialty equipment like dredges, offers many advantages to the customer:
- The on-site Project Team is intimately familiar with the dredge, having spent many months or years operating the equipment under a variety of conditions. There is no wasted time training on unfamiliar equipment.
- Dredge America keeps a large inventory of parts for all of our dredge equipment, greatly reducing down-time, which helps to brings the job in on time and on budget.
- Dredge America has complete control over its equipment at all times. We can move equipment around within a moment’s notice, without worrying that a third-party may rent it out to another contractor. This means we remain flexible and consistent on every job.
- The ultimate responsibility for equipment performance lies with Dredge America. You won’t hear excuses about a third-party’s lack of responsiveness or unreliable equipment.
- Lastly, both our dredge operators and project superintendents participate in the design of our new dredges. As a result, we have across the board participation to ensure maximum efficiency during operation.
Dredge America maintains a variety of dredge designs because we believe that one tool does not perform all jobs. Each of the 10 styles and sizes of dredges that we operate have unique characteristics that must be matched to the individual job in which they are being assigned.
Support equipment for these dredges includes over 55,000 L.F. of discharge pipe, four custom built barges for moving anchors and performing service work, multiple support boats, booster pumps, a vast array of special rigging and tooling, land based support equipment, 2 hopper barges, a long reach excavator, portable barges, a marsh excavator, air boat, and more.